release

Tactics!

Three months later, and I’m back.

Tactics is relevant again, I’ve been resorting code, making things less ugly, and adding functionality to the engine for almost a week now, which means I’m back!

First of all, what have I done up until a week ago?

I was working on graphics, getting polygons to rotate properly, and did it.
I released a working version of this, with a square, movement and rotation. (I was pretty proud of myself: I don’t care what anyone else thinks)Colors, scaling (i.e. zoom) and non-oblong shapes are all completely within the scope of the code I have made, but the point of the release was to test the one feature I had doubts about, not to show off the features I’m comfortable with.

Then I moved house and forgot about it until now. With school exams finished for the semester, I started programming last week, and I feel comfortable saying that I am back!

Since graphics are working, I’m changing the layout of the source, and creating a “game instance” class that will help separate the graphics, engine, and game from eachother, and then it will be work on actual game mechanics like entities and movement!

Exciting times.

Advertisements

Code Finished

Overworld

I have now finished the creation of actual features in the game, and I hope that I’m done with tuning/removing debug items, because I don’t think I am going to check any more.

I have implemented all of the features specified in a previous post.

The final release on GitHub is here.